I don't understand the Waterford thing either. I don't know about the stays,
but the tubes I know about on the Roadeo aren't exactly super light and
thin, unless you are comparing them to the Bombadil.

At at least as stout as the Rambo, and stouter than the Legolas, I think, at
least in the bigger sizes. They are billing it as a light, rackless, go-fast
bike, but it's still Grant Petersen conservative in its own way.

Plus, there are other light tubed bikes (Boulder Bike) where Waterford
attaches canti studs w/ no fuss.

So it would be interesting to have a better explanation for Waterford's
reticence.

 As for Waterford, that seemed to me a cop-out