FWIW, I have an old bike with Ultegra triple converted to low/low just by
adjusting the FD stop and replacing the big ring with one of these
bashguards to act as chain guard: https://bbgbashguard.com/

The bashguard was around $14, seemed worth it compared to trying to cut and
file off the teeth on the old big ring.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/6e6283cc-efca-49ef-94ed-21652e1fd752%40googlegroups.com.