I recently had a super annoying click on my the titanium bike I'll be
riding at RAGBRAI.  I reconnected the pedal with lots grease and still have
the issue.  I didn't think the sealed bearing Shimano SPD pedals were the
culprit.

I mentioned this to a rather nice mechanic, who asked me it it was clicking
when I was standing off the saddle, and I said no.  So we thought it might
be the Brooks B-17 saddle I use, it being all floppy and such with the
missing middle.  So I tightened the leather on it and the clicking remained.

Turns out, it was the seatpost connection that was doing the clicking.
Something about the titanium on the Thompson seatpost, or the seatpost
connection itself.  Slathered everything up with some (mountains of) grease
and the clicking is now gone.

Steve Seelig, DC

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/3b8fd3e5-fc99-4c68-a662-fe79637f3732%40googlegroups.com.