I think you are probably right, as it doesn't feel like a glass and silver
mirror.  Probably why it is so light.   Are the silver stickers
replaceable?  I got a replacement mirror from a fabulous forum member, but
it might go bad in a few years.

You can see the pits best in Erl's picture and what I see in the mirror
when riding on my pic.