I went from chacos to bedrocks and like them much better. Chacos sole is really
thick. Unnecessarily thick, in my opinion. Bedrocks have a grippier foot
cushion that is still thin enough to feel some connection to the ground, and
the cairn 3D pro’s outsole is definitely thick enough for pretty scrappy
hiking. I’ve taken mine on some hikes I wouldn’t consider bringing chacos on.
Not that chacos would fall apart or anything, but they feel too chunky on my
feet for sandal hiking.