Thank you, Dorothy. ❤️ That is great to know, and I do think I’ve now gotten
the issue fixed.

A List member messaged me and said, “Leah, I still don’t think those shifters
are right...” And he was right. The clamp needed to swap places with the brake
clamp. Then Joe B. realized the mechanic had swapped the brake levers (which
had been correct), and apparently that is not right, either. I threw up my
hands and took the bike to a LBS in town. The owner showered the bike with
praise and took it for a long test ride. He fixed the shifters and brake levers
and even found a thing or two extra to fix so the bike rides better. The
ergonomics are better, the brakes are better, and the shifting is, so far,
vastly improved.

He told me after seeing my bikes he’s been telling customers to buy Clems from
Rivendell; he really thinks Clems would be great mountain bikes. I could barely
believe what I was hearing. So, all’s well that ends well and I’ll try my new
shifters in their proper places in the morning on the school commute!

Thank you all SO much for walking along with me.
Leah