On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 3:05:18 PM UTC-7, Julian Westerhout
wrote:

> I'm going to hoard some, and hereby resolve to not do in the future what
> I've done on my Clem and our HHH (mount them with too much glue to allow
> them to ever be removed without destruction). In the future I pledge to
> always mount them in a way that they're removable without destruction.

Do they really need to be glued on? I have a pair of non-Misha cork grips
that I've installed by cranking them over the handlebars that were
pre-treated with scrap pieces of Tressostar bar tape. On one side, the bar
tape adhesive holds tight onto the bare aluminum handlebar; one the other
side, the bar tape texture holds firmly onto the cork grips well. The grips
barely twist with my "death grip" (admittedly not world-class) and never
move during normal riding.