Three cheers for using shorter cranks !  I use 150/152 with long legs and
sz.14 feet. 36" pbh.  Slightly forward of midfoot shoe placement.  Not only
no loss of power, but much more efficient use of it. I can climb seated now
whereas with 170-185's I never could.  I mostly ride road, but do ride on
some local township "roads" that are as rough and irregular as any mtb
trail, and often steep and super steep.  Seated climbing the whole time ;-)
.

I may go even shorter to 140-145 with the next Andel  triple cranks I get
from Bikesmith Design, or another Origin8 double you can buy off the
shelf.