My Roadeo is a very early one. I’m running Stampede Pass ELs on HED 23mm rims
(outside width). With that setup the tires are 32.2mm by my reckoning.

I really like the clearances to the brake calipers with this setup without
fenders. The smallest gap at any point to the brake caliper is about 6mm and
that spot is in back. I don’t consider that gap to be sufficient to fit a
fender through. If I ever run fenders on my Roadeo it will be with narrower
tires.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito Ca.