Bike Content: I can earn more resume money and buy more bike things --
seriously.

I spend a considerable amount of time on the phone with clients; usually my
iPhone 5S, but sometimes Google Voice, or Skype if they are in Prague or
Singapore. I listen, question, refer to multiple documents, and take notes,
so hands-free is necessary.

I've tried Bluetooth, and all were lousy. No more BT.

I've used Air Pods, Apple and clone, but the connection between wire and
bud goes bad, and so does sound. (Clones are lousy.)

I've used the sort of earphone that you shove into your ear canal, but
those fall out, block ambient sound, and also lose integrity in the
earpiece connection.

Perhaps the best one, in some respects, was an old-fashioned,
over-the-head, pad-over-ear type of headset that I bought from Target for
$19.99, but the sound quality was not up to Air Pods, and it was
uncomfortable.

Does anyone have suggestions for a good -- long-term -- device?

In order of importance:

Sound quality: incoming and outgoing;
Comfort and convenience (stay's the hell out of the way of your key board);
Price.

Price is last, but if I can spend less rather than more, that would be just
fine.

Thanks.

'Twould be best if you replied offlist.

PS: Transfer of 200-odd CDs to new-to-me MBAir and backup drive went fine;
thanks to all who helped.