That's a serious piece of equipment! Looking forward to seeing your repainted
quickbeam, is it a 68?
But back to the topic of parking stability (which I find fascinating!), I've
been making "parking brakes" from 3/4" velcro tape stuck together. This velcro
belt holding my front brake lever engaged has been super quick and relatively
stable (wheel can flop, but not rolling keeps the bike upright). Useful for
other things too, depending on the length you choose. Maybe not strong enough
to ensure a front rack like an Irish strap, but it's faster! But not nearly as
quick as the steerstopper's lever. Nice being ready for action.
Enjoy!
-Kai