My Sam used a 26.8 seatpost, but this hadn't been updated on the website at the
time of purchase, so it was a surprise...and I wasn't able to use my Nitto I
had on hand.  Somewhat annoying, but at least I had the provided Kalloy post.

My Sam also had beefed-up fork blades, but this was a design change only
revealed after pre-order deposits had been made.

Overall, I'm not fond of Grant's/Rivendell's penchant for continually beefing
up their frames here and there.  Is there a real need for a .9 wall on the seat
tube for a road bike..?  Are there constant seat tube failures out there on
road bikes with 27.2 posts that we're not hearing about?

But anyways, Origin8 also makes a 26.8 seatpost for around $28, and it's a
two-bolt straight design that looks to be a copy of Thomson's.