Yes, the shape is now copied after the 1980's Suntour Thumbshifters. The
innards, while the same as the original Silver levers, is based on the
Suntour Sprint road levers, which uses a smaller diameter ratchet design
inside than the original mountain Suntour Thumbshifters.  Having both
versions, the mountain lever seems to hold the gear better than the road.
As far as I know every copy of Suntour ratcheting levers has been of the
road version innards, no one has copied the mountain.