Vittoria Randonneur's have plenty of happy users, just jog on over to
Bike Forums.

I for one don't take much stock in price in a indicator of a tires
quality. These days there is no clear indication of what is, and what
is not a quality tire.
I read plenty of dissatisfied Schwalbe and Continental users. The
thing is, there's infinite variables when it comes to someone's
opinion of a tire.
The human phenomena of monkey-see.... monkey-copy makes reviewing
things rather comical.

I'd try the Randonneur's in a heartbeat and not worry about opinions.
Hey, you can buy 3 of these for the price of many Schwalbe's!

I myself can't see spending $65 on a bike tire. My Michelin truck
tires cost about $80 when I last bought them, as a comparison.

I've had a great ride with Performance Forte Metro-K 35mm tires....
about $14 each. There's another 35mm tire they sell(the Gotham), made
by Panaracer, who sells the same thing,minus the reflective strip.
It's called the Crosstown. Performance sells it for $12.... other
places sell the Crosstown for more than double that.  So, I don't put
much stock anymore in "more expensive" = a better tire.
Retail is like a giant shell game..... sell it for what you can and
hope you can keep the game going :)