Actually, in my case, when I purchased each of my 2 frames (AHH & Bombadil)
a one year membership was included. That made me a member for 2 years in a
row, and I was able to get a very nice rebate in January (bought my frames
in September and November) that I used to get my grey medium Saddlebag and
the grey front small Saddlesomething.

So, go ahead and buy your frame, get the automatic membership and you'll get
the rebate next January! Buy anything else you need after buying the frame,
or at the same time; there is bound to be something else you'll want/need by
next January!

René