Quick intro as this is my first original post. I've been a Riv fan for
years but not yet an owner - almost went with an Atlantis as a touring bike
a couple of years ago but chose custom instead. I do have Riv supplied
parts on several bikes, and live close enough to Walnut Creek that I've
dropped in a few times.

I also have a very long commute, so last year put a mid-drive e-bike kit on
an old hard tail mountain bike and that gets me to work. The mtn bike frame
is not ideal, though. It's a bit small for me, the front can shimmy at
speed, it's not really a road bike. So I've been considering getting a new
frame and moving the mid-drive to that.

Riv was at NAHBS in Sacramento last year with one of the first Gus Boots
Willsens. That has intrigued me, with long wheelbase, wide tires, a sturdy
frame but some fork flex for bumps, it might be a good bike for the mix of
bike paths, rough gravel and city streets I use to get to work. I like the
mixte type frame, and just the overall appearance looks capable.

The mid-drive would add 20 lbs to the bike, with the motor in the bottom
bracket and the battery hopefully on bottle bosses on the downtube. I'd put
a 1X Microshift Advent 11-42 on it, fenders, and a rear rack with baskets
to carry my clothes and gear. I'm not usually happy with bars swept way
back, so more likely a Wavie bar.

What do you guys think, would it be a cool commuter or an abomination to
put electric drive on this bike?