I'm in Seattle, but I appreciate it. Of course the fact that they found a
couple 55cm Sams laying in the back room, that would be my size, rehashed
the internal debate I went through when I got the homer.

I like the ride of the homer for my commute (9 miles each way) but it's
also not my preferred choice for sportier rides. It also wouldn't be my
choice for 1-2 night camping trip or gravel ride. This could be limited by
my imagination as I just don't see people using the AHH for that, but I
have seen people use the sam for it. So the homer, for me at least, it
kinda stuck in the commuter zone which is totally fine, I just wonder if
the sam might be a little more versatile overall by providing some beef for
the tougher stuff (NOT adventure riding or long touring, note) while also
hitting the commuter zone.