I'm enjoying the way this thread has gone, but then I am thinking of an
Appaloosa, and do air dry most of my clothes.

I strongly prefer the stiffer feel of shirts and pants (all kinds) when air
dried but my wife does not, so it is going to be a personal preference.
That soft fluffy feel from the clothes drier just feels like damage to me.
Look at what comes out of the link catcher. Plus the heat. Still, it would
be a bit of work to live without the convenience of our 30 year old dryer,
though it only gets used for towels, underwear, and bedding. That is mostly
for convenience. And it would be a lot of work and real estate to handle a
larger families clothing.

I really would like to try one of Grant's long wheelbase designs and like
the looks of the Appaloosa but I just go around in circles deciding. I
think the biggest issue is that my two Rambouillets have been such nearly
ideal bikes for so long now. I don't need more weight carrying or
durability, but am interested in the longer wheelbase ride I remember from
early mountain bikes, plus a bit more tire clearance. The Appaloosa is very
appealing, but then so are the new Hillibikes, and the descendants of my
Rambouillet. And the Clem, though I'm now leaning leaner.

I guess a bigger garage must be the correct answer.

Carry on with this interesting discussion.

Mark