I agree with Mas about sidewalks. If the sidewalks are clear, use ‘em. If I am
on the sidewalk and I encounter a walker (rare), I will jump off and walk the
bike. Unless it’s an extra-wide one that is made to be shared. Then I just slow
way down and smile and wave.

I don’t want to hear “riding on sidewalks is more dangerous for you” or “you
should be on the road because it’s your right” or “get cars used to bikes on
the road.” Uh uh. No. If you planned to say that, just don’t. I am not a car. I
am not going to pretend to be a car. I have two boys often riding with me. And
when there’s a safe option for me and them to ride separate from cars that
won’t negatively impact anyone else - I’m taking it. And I KNOW the drivers
here appreciate it. Bikes make them nervous. Cars make me nervous. It’s nice to
have a separation. And if you live where you aren’t disturbing pedestrians, I
say no guilt.

Sent from my iPad