This is *hors sujet* but not entirely, relating to rednecks in pickup
trucks.

Long ago, I stupidly planted my front wheel in a cattle guard at a
relatively heavily trafficked intersecton and did the expected flip over
the bar, smashing the wheel and bruising ribs. A line of cars pass me by
with gawking occupants, some laughing, but I was picked up by 2 lily-white
fatboys out of Deliverance with full beards in a black-primered pickup, who
kindly took me to the ER -- they were on the way to get valves for one of
their Harley's ground. Moral, don't judge the book by its beard and paint
job. (I wasn't badly injured except in my pride.)