Yes, there's no feeling quite like having a bike stolen! The first time, I
was a bike messenger, it was my only bike, and I still had five packages to
deliver. This one did not hurt as much as that did.

If you did all that work two years ago, I'm sure it's fine. I'll get back
to you (if you still have it) once I decide whether or not to get an
Appaloosa. This would be the much cheaper, 90% as good Appaloosa
alternative.

I agree that bikes like these have fantastic, stable ride characteristics.
The Trek 850 (48.5cm chainstays) was phenomenal with any load, front or
back, as well as unloaded.

- Ian