From: Bill Gibson <bill.bgib...@gmail.com>
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Sent: Sun, April 4, 2010 9:24:13 PM
Subject: Re: [RBW] pannier recommendations

My Ortlieb Backrollers have served very well for about 10 years, both
in Seattle and in Southern Arizona. The waterproof quality has not
deteriorated, and they keep things less dusty around here, too. I have
been careful open them and air them out after every use. They have not
suffered in the UV intensity here, either. I don't think the mounting
has changed. Other than Giles Berthoud, or Rivendell, I can't think
think of a better bag. Each is like a very different fruit, a very
different kettle of fish, that's all! (On one bike, Baggins, and
Ortliebs. on the other bike Ortliebs, and Baggins.)

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 7:45 PM, happyriding <happyrid...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had pretty much decided to get some Ortliebs, but then I read this
> thread:
>
> http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-270129.html
>
> which points out that waterproof may not be such a good thing in hot
> weather.   What are some good non-waterproof panniers?
>
> Thanks.

Bill Gibson
Tempe, Arizona, USA