tim- i used to work on lots of bikes with homeless people when I lived  in
Tucson. (IMHO:) don’t worry - you are more than qualified.  People are just
so happy to have any kind of assist with their bikes at all.

Is it just you doing the bike part of the event?I could put you in touch
with some local people who could help.
kim