I switched to a stem shifter mount a few months ago and love it. The main
reason I changed was the bar ends getting whacked on the Caltrain, and I can’t
see ever going back. Only downside is having to move the mount if I adjust the
stem height. I see that your cable outlet (not sure that’s the term) is angled
slightly forward rather than straight down. Any reason why I shouldn’t have it
straight down?