Just a data point, but I just saw a blog post from Blue Lug in Japan
comparing the older and newer versions of the Clem L / Clementine...  I
used Google translate (for the Japanese->English) and though only so much
came through well, it was still worth reading.  The pictures themselves are
good illustrations of the differences.  Again, just another data point,
with no judgements or opinions attached...

https://bluelug.com/blog/kamiuma/115773/?fbclid=IwAR1vJ-9QP9AL9XIungFtrVL7bOGqCdZk-FOiaKEuxM_6nxyTu-ysUCPqtEs

Bob Lovejoy
Galesburg, IL