Congrats on the Sam, Nathan.  I have an older, orange 56 canti-Sam and almost
every ride has the same impact that your first ride did.  Even if I’m not up
for a ride or feel like I’m going for a ride just to get the exercise, a
transformation Usually occurs.  At some point in the ride (usually earlier than
later) I realize that I’m authentically enjoying myself.  Happens almost every
time.  This can often lead to longer rides, faster rides and, the occasional
phone call from my wife asking, “Hey. Where are you?  I thought you were only
going out for an hour.”

Enjoy the ride.
John