I had the same issue with my Hilsen when using a brevet bag with very
moderate weight and rack. I since no longer use that set up but shimmy
persisted.

The culprit ended up being the tires–my beloved Jack Brown greens. Bike
shop said tires vary in how "true" they're manufactured–to use my own
terminology, some manufacturers being better than other. Ever since, I've
been riding Schwalbe Marathon Supremes and Continental Grand Prix 4's and
shimmy's gone away.

Jus' sayin'.

Sean in Eden Prairie