Greetings,
I ride solo almost everyday. I never get bored and If I didn’t have a family I
could see myself creeping into Freddy Hoffman territory.  Almost 95% of my
rides are out and backs from my Seattle home and none of them are ever exactly
the same path. I have several basic ride “routes” and usually leave with a plan
but my a red light or a whim can alter my course in a 180 direction.
   I do like to listen to music on long trails. If I don’t have my phone
songs/jingles/old army marching riffs often go on repeat in my brain.  I used
to run marathons and ultras so I’m used to using repetitive sounds to get in a
zone.
   I’ve also used other mind games to mix it up. Example:  I’ll sometimes pick
a destination across town and will try a riding in a pattern to get there
(1block north, 1 block east, repeat til you there and see how close you get).
Another thing I sometimes do is follow all roads that go up. In our hilly area
this can take you to some really scenic spots and is also a great workout.
I’ve also looked up the steepest hills in the city and have done rides climbing
as many as I can find...we’ve got some steep ones!!
  The main thing I do though is take pictures. There is always something
interesting to see and it motivates me to keep exploring and find new
places/things...,evidence in the links below.
   Enough words...I’m going for a ride.

https://www.instagram.com/robmarkwardt/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/77502424@N00/

Rob Markwardt