Well, you all nagged me enough that I begrudgingly went to my garage today.

I DID IT!!!! And I’m coming here for all the accolades because I HAVE
REALLY BEEN THROUGH IT TODAY.

It was like working with one hand tied behind my back. I have no work
stand. I don’t know how to get the rear wheel off. The tire is in my way
but I flat it and find I have just enough room to work that hex key if I
turn the bolt a little at a time. It takes a coon’s age. I’m doing the job
squatting on the garage floor and reaching around blindly as I try to bolt
things I can’t see and get that bracket folded around that fender, and then
I don’t have the right tools so I’m improvising. The parts start falling
off and getting lost and I put the bracket on backwards, and there’s a
metal shaving embedded in my finger... It was just a lot of howling out
there and taking all your names in vain.

But, I did have help. Your posts, videos, and Joe’s Instagram advice
(because I sent videos of what I did and he pointed out what I did wrong)
have gotten me TWO SOLID FENDERS and I thank you so much!!!!! It only took
me two tries to get the thing to stop rubbing on the wheel, and I just
couldn’t be more thrilled. Also, I’m never doing that again.

Thanks so much for the encouragement and advice and video analyzing.
Finishing that project was oddly gratifying; and now if my fender causes a
fatal crash we can only blame me. Ha!

Photos, or it didn’t happen.
(Coming in next post because it’s not allowing me to post them here....)