Leah and Joyce, you both alerted me to wrenching details I've lost as an old
hand at this stuff; things I need to remember when talking bike mechanics to
folks still learning.

"Fixing a flat" is indeed broken up into several steps and doesn't all have be
be learned at once. In Leah's case (no workstand) the trick would be to toss a
blanket or rug on the garage floor and flip the Clem over, then remove the
front wheel to practice (rear is harder, that can wait). Then deflate the tube,
pull it out, put it back in, reinflate.

This covers everything I would do on the road with a spare tube: swap that baby
in and patch the bad tube later at home. Heck, with tubeless she's never going
to need to patch a tube anyway, the spare will just be a backup if the tubeless
won't hold air after a puncture.

In summary: Front wheel comes off easy, rear wheel with derailer a little more
work, tube swapping is easier on the road, patching good at home 👍