Joe, Harsh? Maybe a little bit and maybe not 100% unintentionally.
 As I said weight reduction on ANY bike is a good thing, but my point is the
Clem certainly doesn't seem like it's designed with an eye towards weight
saving, it's designed around being a comfortable, smooth, stable ride &  in
that context light weight is sort of antithema.

But, as I think about it, I guess it's the same process many of us have gone
through over the years played out in real time as we witness people think out
loud about their bikes, the evolution of their experiences with them and the
mental gymnastics of identifying issues & figuring out how to deal with them. I
started riding when I was 6 and had the wrenches out almost immediately
thereafter. Working on modifying & riding. So with that vantage point I can
almost anticipate where this is all going. In that sense many of us are sort of
passengers and sometimes backseat drivers in their journey. Offering the
insights of our experience, but ultimately not in control.
Sometimes it's a bit like going to a scary movie; you're watching & thinking
"oh no! Don't go in the isolated spooky house", but being powerless to
influence the outcome.

I think my natural tendency to be helpful gets stunted by the conduit that is
the internet.