I second that the Sunrace shifters were less than ideal.  I'll go and be
contrarian and say the Microshift shifters are just ok, they slip under
load when riding off road.  You need a ratchet, and the best / strongest
ratchet is the Dura Ace 9 speed bar con shifter.  Mount with Paul thumbies
for a really good shifting set up.  Can also index 9 speeds... very well.
Which Microshift... they're indexing is off.  You have to overshift and
correct back. That's just bad engineering.  It's a feature on every
Microshift thumbie or bar con I've used.  Can you get used to it? Yes.
Should you have to? No.

-James / Analog Cycles