Please keep us updated on your thoughts and experiences with your new Clem L.
Man, can we still call them Clementines?

When I first saw that bike I had the opposite reaction - I thought it was so
romantic. It was all sensuous and swoopy and it CALLED to me. But I had a Betty
at the time, and it was inconceivable that I would ALSO have a Clementine. But
my mother in law jumped at the chance to have a pretty Clementine of her own,
and she rode it for a few summers before her health took her away from riding.
Then it came to me, and imagine how sad I was when I began to favor it over the
good old Betz. But there’s no two ways about it; Clementines have fairy dust in
their DNA and have been known to upstage a “fancy” Rivendell and relegate it to
the corner of the garage. The Betz is now sold, but I’ll get a Cheviot to
replace it, and hopefully the longer chainstays and ability to take fatter
tires will make it resemble what I have come to love in the Clem.

Now, since we both had OG Clementines, you will have to tell us if you noticed
differences between this new Lil Missy and the old one. I found them to be VERY
different. I had both in my possession for a couple months and the differences
were obvious.

One last thing, I’m changing parts on my Clem and fancying it up a bit; my
sister got a 2019 Clem L (happy 10th anniversary to her from her husband) in
chameleon green like yours. Hers is completely stock, stem and all. I will
drive to Minnesota with mine in tow this summer and we will be able to compare
both our Clems and see how different I’ve really made mine from hers. Or not.

I’d love to read all your many thoughts on all things Clementine, as you get
acquainted.

Leah
Henderson,NV
Sent from my iPad