Hi Leah,

Submissions in advance are the way to go.  We have to gather materials,
ruminate on best presentation, pick out our outfits...

I'll cover all of that stuff in the 1x clinic, but, nut shell is this:  if
you don't use one extreme of your gears or another, IE the easiest or very
hardest gears, 1x is simple, light and effective.  People who run 11-28
cassettes and worry about percent differences between gear jumps need not
apply.  So next time you do a normal ride, with some hills, see what gears
you use and don't use.  Then you can determine what will work best for your
Chev.

-James