There was a blog post along similar lines a few months ago where a rider
had received a brand new frame that had scratches on the top tube and he
wanted to know the best way to remove them.  He ultimately took the frame
to an auto detailer (a good idea if you have no experience using various
rubbing or polishing compounds!)  However, one suggestion that was posted
was to use Mequiar's Ultimate Compound to rescue the paint.  I bought some
of this and it's a great suggestion.  But if the right chain stay, which
seems to be your biggest issue, is too pitted up from chain slap marks, you
may have to repaint or at least touch it up.  When you've finally decided
what you want to do with that, then cover it with "helicopter tape" to
protect it from future damage.  If you need a piece of that stuff to finish
the job, let me know.  I have plenty of extra leftover from my application
and I'd be glad to send you some of it.