Yes, Nathan very similar bikes.

I owned a very customized 1983 Expedition similar to yours and subsequently did
2 self contained bike tours on it of one month each back in 08 and 09. I was
loaded up with 60 pounds of gear and supplies and
toured with a friend who also had an Expedition.

The Expeditions performed very well for those trips.

One trip was across Nevada on Hwy 50 in July. The other was about 30 miles
south of Denver all the way to Yellowstone National Park.

I have very fond memories of both trip. They were quite challenging but very
rewarding adventures for me.

These vintage tourers are no Rivs but have some good qualities for more budget
oriented builds.

Paul in Dallas
"Never lose the wonder of it all."