Oh, I've either purchased or "checked out" ebooks from the library many
times, so that's not an issue.  I was just holding out on the price, even
the steeply discounted eBook price on the particular volume in which I was
interested.  All I needed was the motivation to push me over the edge,
which your missive provided, to go download the thing.  I'm enjoying
reading it at this moment.