Spending a lot of time at the sharp end of the stick in my world, holding
the knife to keep it sharpened on most days. Not the place decide on being
change averse, we're specializing in it.

I've been riding my Rambouillet to work this week as I have adjusted my
commuter for a guest we've added to our quaranteam.

I grab rides where and when I can and have headed out for rides wearing
whatever I had on in the moment than I had in the past. While the longer,
more logistically detailed bike rides have been fewer, I believe I'm riding
more miles and riding more frequently this spring but only have a
cyclometer on my Rambouillet so there's no quantification. I signed up for
Strava over the winter and so far have gotten more spam from them to
justify their changes to fewer functions for free, most by subscription.
Goofing around with that hasn't crossed my mind until I've been well along
many rides. I delete the app when I remember.

Riding is redemption. It's a departure from static part of life on a
dynamic mode that gets your mind to participate. If you can ride with just
the necessary attention, effort or sleep, you have a huge amount of
bandwidth to let your mind flow through things that aren't at your job,
your profession, your address, etc. A good bike outfitted for your uses
really makes it possible.

Some sights from this week:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CB7pdtVRzCGBPQtG9
The Doughboy. The weary but resolute guard of the entrance to the
Lawrenceville neighborhood. I've ridden thirty miles since 4;30 am, it's
predawn, rain starting to fall and I'm not prepared for that but neither
did those who he memorializes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yCpCn4fH18UbFihQ7
Yesterday morning I see this 12 barge raft heading up the Monongahela River
from the Ohio River at a pretty good clip. They're empty, moving right
along and I decide to see if I can keep up with it and possibly beat it to
the Hot Metal Bridge several miles up river.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JvMjCP1rnCVpHFdv5
I go there first and waited for it to reach my vantage point.

So far this year the rides haven't so much been defined by where the
destination has been or the rare sights seen along the distant way. It's
been a series of opportunities to savor more clearly against a backdrop
from which I am distracting myself, within a nearer circle.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh