I brought up the question of photographic skill a while ago on this or the
Bob list, asking for books or instructions on improving my very poor
skills; the consensus in reply was: practice, paying attention to your
results so that you start to see what action produces what results. I must
do that; busy enough that I forget about that earlier discussion.