I appreciate this place because we don't talk politics, religion and
social issues of the day.  As stated, there are many other places to do
that, and many places that decidedly do not. Would I expect to hear about
the issues of the day on a website about say cooking, auto repair,
living/hanging out in the wilderness and such ?  Decidedly nay. Do the site
admins there welcome such diversions ? Not if they wish to stay on topic.

  It's impossible to "talk about the pressing issues of the day because I
care" .... and not get swept away in playing out the very representative
roles that those issues encompass. What drives the story ? Conflict,
division, taking/making sides ..... _____ vs._____ .   When does it end ?
Not by playing it out, that's for sure. It "ends" by having no ground from
which to begin in the first place.

  - Garth