I haven't done any modifications but I might someday consider having my 54
cm Hunqapillar (700c) converted to 650B.  Even with the large BB drop, 60
mm tires would give a good BB height.  I've decided that 700c x 50 or
bigger tires are just too cumbersome for the riding I do.

I could do disc tabs and have the best of both worlds but I have no
experience with them and don't know if I would like them.