Does Mikkelsen have a good helper these days? I know he had a stroke a
number of years ago and was less than 100% when I had him do work on my
Kogswell with a dent in the top tube.

And I have not worked with Litton but have heard many a story about less
than timely response and turnaround. Obviously he is good to great at what
he does.

If the problem on your frame is just the chain stay that would suggest it
would be not too expensive to ship that half of the frame to someone who is
both competent and timely.

I wonder about the crack in your frame. I have two friends who had Ti
Breakaway frames and both suffered longitudinal cracks in the chain stay.
Ritchey replaced them under warranty cuz it looked like poor quality tubes.