I meant to answer this but somehow didn't hit Post so I'll try again (apologies
if it came through somewhere and this is a rerun).

I've used triggers on various pullback bars including Bosco and they're fine,
it just takes a little time to get the position you like. Microshift Advent
worked a bit better than Shimano Deore for some reason, that's a really good
shifter.