Patrick,  you become the most popular rider when your bike is orange!

Everyone (of a certain age) who knows bikes knows Molteni orange, it is
evocative. Here's an article that sort of relays the events and the sense
of respect that the color earned.
https://www.prendas.co.uk/blogs/news/molteni-arcore-cycling-team

My orange Rambouillet hasn't that sort of heritage and is limited to what
it is (not a racing bike) and when it was made (2000-when it was hard to
find tires>25mm). A slim basis for what I have experienced in response when
riding it. My wife commented during our Ride the Five Boros event in NYC of
how sour the faces of all the CFRP riding, team kitted folks around us were
when bystanders or other riders commented on my bike, how well it fit me or
even recognized and called it out as a "Rivendell Rambouillet". They and
their bikes, of whatever cost, were undistinguishable ubiquity in the sea
of bikes and riders. My orange lugged steel bike with its cream colored
headtube and hammered Honjos was drawing the attention.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh