Mat, Och! Nae. That would be like wearing a thin down jacket. The idea of
the fishnet is the same as any insulation: pockets of air that warm and
stay put. The difference is the fish net is easily ventilated for aerobic
activity and changing conditions. I put it on generally in the dry low
40's, or wet upper 50's. It makes my chambray summer shirt warmer than a
wool flannel.

George, Och! Nae. Round these parts, there is always a stick for digging
the 6" hole, and dry grass, pinecones, sticks, or even rocks (leaves are
too loose/small to use easily). Generally not needed on a day ride though,
at least for me.

With abandon,
Patrick