Thanks again, Julian. For the Kelpies, I plan (God willing) to have
Chauncey braze on aftermarket strut bosses some-way up the fork legs, both
so that the trailing part of the fender moves away from the tire if it
should be caught and dragged up toward the crown, and also so that the
trailing part of the fender might be more laterally rigid -- this because,
with 3" of toe overlap, I occasionally kick the rear end of the fender
quite hard. With the considerable rake, attaching the struts above the
curve will require shorter struts than for the present attachments at the
dropouts.

But I may well buy a pair for the VO fenders on the new Matthews pavement
bike.