While this is also pretty expensive for what it is, it's still cheaper than
a rack, or you could DIY something similar for a few bucks less.
https://ronsbikes.com/products/not-a-rack

I'm using one now on a Carradice Camper Long Flap that I modded with 3
leather, essentially, belt loops to the bottom for the horizontal rod to
run through. Works great!

- Andrew