Yeah, if you can some XC Pro cantilevers by all means do. They open ALL the
way, as in past the frame. If a Kool-Stop pad gets in the way of the front,
chop off the rear @ the rear notch. You'll know how far you can go as there
is an internal metal frame in the pad. File it off smooth.  I love smooth
post cantis because they are so adjustable.  I do love any canti that
places the pad in *front* of the arm, not behind as many models of lat seem
to do, except the Shimano Alivio CT-91 and Dia Compe 988. Tektro's 710/720
look great until you install them and find where the pad holders bolt is
ends up hitting the frame, limiting the amount of space you have to remove
the tire. Really stupid beyond words. I ended up using other brakes. I even
prefer regular road size pads, not those elongated things, and ones that
are centered over the post, like the Sun Tour canti's came with and Dia
Compe uses on the 988 canti, which is remarkably similar to the XC Pro and
it's currently made. The silver and black version use their Salmon colored
OPC12 pad, it's regular road sized and centered.

For the front with my XC Pro's I use a fork mounted Origin8 brake cable
hanger so you can run a cable directly to it. Those two in combo is superb,
truly superb... it just couldn't be any better !

I also only use a regular free floating cable hanger guide. I abhor the
fixing the cable as Tektro and Shimano "suggest". I see their intention,
but again, it's utterly dumb in the real world where having the straddle
cable run free allows for instant centering of the brake at any time with
the slightest of touch.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it !  Hah !

-Garth !