I know you said non hitch... but you should really just get a hitch installed
if you can.  I’ve gotten one installed even on my VW GTI (Golf) that sits
pretty low to the ground.  If you go to a reputable local hitch installing
business, you should end up out the door with hitch for under $300.

I am really awkward with lifting bikes and my bikes tend to be heavy.  The
hitch racks are so easy to use and some protect your bike better (less scuffs).

Nate