I have been on the hunt for bike shorts or liners that had just that small
 chamois like they had about 12 years ago. The only things I can find now
have a huge bad in the bottom that make it a very uncomfortable experience
to ride in. I would rather just ride in shorts and underwear than those
bulky things. I would consider spandex to put under shorts if I could find
some with a small chamois but they all see huge.

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Joel